Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problems with 6.8c HA module install

Obtained the HA license file from HP and built two servers to support the HA configuration.  Just starting out, after the binary installs the files, running firstBootWizard, I get the message "An error has occurred".  after it asks for the arcsight.lic file.  The firstbootwizard.log shows the following:

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:159)

at com.arcsight.wizard.FirstBootWizard$3.processNext(FirstBootWizard.java:413)

at com.arcsight.wizard.builder.WizardPanelDescriptorBuilderBase$1.processNext(WizardPanelDescriptorBuilderBase.java:61)

at com.arcsight.wizard.WizardProcessorBase.process(WizardProcessorBase.java:562)

at com.arcsight.wizard.console.BaseWizardPanelImpl.next(BaseWizardPanelImpl.java:140)

at com.arcsight.wizard.console.WizardParameterPanelImpl.ask(WizardParameterPanelImpl.java:81)

at com.arcsight.wizard.console.BaseWizardPanelImpl.run(BaseWizardPanelImpl.java:78)

at com.arcsight.wizard.console.WizardParameterPanelImpl.run(WizardParameterPanelImpl.java:21)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[2015-07-18 04:43:54,509][ERROR][builder.MyWizardImpl] java.lang.NullPointerException

HP support asked about file permissions, the license file is owned by user arcsight and the process is running as user arcsight.  Trying to follow the recommended procedure and install the HA module first before ESM.  Have verified the unzip util is available to the arcsight user.  Can't really tell from this what file it's looking for to unzip.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Problems with 6.8c HA module install

Try to unzip the license with unzip command, and pass the .lic file directly to the wizard.

Should work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

As said you can try unzip it without the ArcSight Wizard it should work.

I've done the same with ESM. !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hello ,

Even I am facing this error and the same issue. Kindly let me know if you have fixed it and what steps were taken by you for this.

Regards,

Srikanth R

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

ArcSight ESM HA Error.png

Hello!

I have same problem. I can not run First Boot Wizard. How to solve this issue?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.