Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
carlos.alcocer@1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smart Connector 6.0.5 an QualysGuard 7.11 doesnt works

Hi All,

I'm having problems with the extraction of vulnerability reports from Qualys and updating my assets with vulnerabilities and open ports. We are getting the following error messages in agent.log :

[ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.mc.c][getJobsList]

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1060)

at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocumentScanner.java:626)

at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1305)

at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)

at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)

at com.arcsight.util.AgentUtil.fromStringToJAXPDocument(AgentUtil.java:429)

at com.arcsight.agent.mc.c.m(c.java:330)

at com.arcsight.agent.mc.c.run(c.java:562)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[2013-08-28 17:28:48,843][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.agent.vh][run] Memory Usage: 28Mb out of 243Mb

I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same problem and knows a work around to make connector 6.0.5 work with Qualys 7.11.

Regards,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
joe@alchemysecu Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Smart Connector 6.0.5 an QualysGuard 7.11 doesnt works

Hey Carlos.. I am having the same issue here. It seems that even though the SmartConnector is only supported through v7.9 it has been working on the v7.10 Qualys. Now that Qualys has pushed out 7.11 the Connector no longer succeeds. I am looking into this myself, but should you find anything, please let me know.

Regards,

Joe Crump

0 Likes
zarysh
Visitor.

I am playing around Qualys 7.12 using Smartconnector version 6.0.7.6901, still not showing any success yet.. . I couldn't find even an error from the logs. The connector setup was completed successfully, but it doesn't seems to be collecting any events from the scan reports. Anybody successfully integrated QualyGuard 7.12 ?

0 Likes
skv2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Have you got any solution to this problem.

Regards,

0 Likes
zarysh
Visitor.

Not yet.. 😞

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.