Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
vdor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Swap HDD from failing L7400x to RMA Replacement L7400x

ArcSight has been kind enough to send me an RMA replacement L7400 for mine that is currently failing thanks to the NIC. They sent me the attached documentation, which is actually pretty good, but it only applies to their Dell series of Loggers and ConApps (L3200, L5100, L7100, L7200, C5100, C5200, N5100, N5200,E7100, E7200, M7100, and M7200). The support tech indicated that the same steps apply for the L7400 series, but the difference is in the RAID controllers.

The steps are pretty straightforward, pull the drives and replace them in the exact same order and then reconfigure the RAID controller to recognize them properly in a matching configuration. Their documentation talks about which settings to manipulate on the integrated Dell PERC controller. While I'm sure I could fumble my way through and make everything match, given the importance of this data, I'd like to get the "official" procedure. The last thing I want is to guess on a RAID config item and blow away years of data.

I've updated my ticket requesting newer documentation, but I'm not sure they even have it (no updates in 24 hours). Does anyone have any experience with this swap and can provide proper documentation or pointers?

Thanks!

Note to the Mods - The attached document came from ArcSight, but was not listed as proprietary or confidential, so I felt it could be shared on protect. If this is in violation of the TOS, please remove it or let me know.

Labels (4)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.