Highlighted
mkoy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The description for such event cannot be found

Hello all,

I've been struggling with a Windows Event Log SmartConnector for the last few days, to be able to pull Windows Print Service logs from a Windows 2008 R2 server.

The connector is able to pull application, system and security logs, but it generates logs named as"The description for such event cannot be found" for event IDs 307,800,801,805 and 842 on ESM side. I've done what is suggested at https://protect724.arcsight.com/message/20688#20688 but nothing changed.

The configuration guide for WindowsEventLogMappings refers that pulling print service logs is explained in Windows Event Log SmartConnector guide but there seems to be no such part in the documentation. I've tried all types of Windows Event Log connectors (Local Domain & Unified).

Is there anybody out there, who is successfully getting print service logs from Windows 2008 R2?

Regards,

mkoy.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.