Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Super Contributor.. MuraliKV Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Upgrade to 6.5c

Hi,

We are currently running 6.0c and are looking at upgrading to 6.5c.  Are there any isses after the upgrade ?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you

Murali

0 Likes
6 Replies
KMac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade to 6.5c

There can be.  Ensure that you follow the upgrade guide closely, and make sure you have XWindows enabled for the parts that ask for it.  Prior to upgrading, make sure you do a system tables export so that you have the content just in case things go awry.  Feel free to reach out to HP Professional Services who can assist you with the upgrade, if required.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. thebeno1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Murali

I made twice change from 6.0 to 6.5c.

1 try was:

we had V5.2 and need upgrade to 6.5 but it was not possible doing this directly

an first stap was upgrade from V5.2 to 6.0 and after this next upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5.

after this ESM had very wrong performance (max 150EPS) which was veeeerrry bad.

I spend lot of time to solve this issue without big success.

I think that most problem is that DB is changed from oracle to postgress and mysql and upgrade process don`t cover this well.

2 try was:

Backup all ESM packages.

Uninstall ESM.

Upgrade OS to RedHat 6.4 (It is recommended after upgrade ESM to 6.5), but when ESM is uninstalled I recommend to do it before. Problem is that HP dont cover this process from licence point of view . And they dont have any documentation how to do that. Use RedHat docs. I copied ISO imago to ESM device, mount it by loop, made new repo for yum and upgrade OS.

Important is to setup ulimit.

Clear installation ESM 6.5c.

Import packages - without connectors (if you did upgrade connectors too)

This way was successfull for me.

Now I am able to collect 3.000.000 events without any problem. (maybe performance lower little bit when I made some new rules)

Comparing V6.5 with V5.2 - I dont find till now any problem which I hadnt before. (after 1 month of running 6.5)

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

I forget: 3.000.000 per HOUR

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Peter,

We are running RH 6.4.  With the second approach, did u manually import the already captured events ? or did u decide to start fresh?

We are running 6.0c and are waiting for HP support to validate the system tables.  Hopefully they will get back to us quickly.

Thank you

Murali

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

we start fresh and import just trends, queries, assets, reports, dashbords and so ..

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Peter,

Thank you.  We successfully upgraded to ESM 6.5c and so far have no issues after the upgrade.

We had to manually delete the duplicate child resources from the arc_resource table.

Thank you

Murali

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.