bdmeyer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Where can I find books, video's, or a web site for learning ArcSight ESM 6.x ?

I can't afford to pay HP's several thousand dollars, and take time off to do there courses IF they even publish them on a schedule. (which the one I looked at as being relevant for me isn't), I am looking for something a normal person can purchase. There doesn't seem to be anything on amazon, or elsewhere. Much of HP's own links are old or out of date or broken,. (ArcSight University being one) Email comes back as undelivarable

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

traininginfo@arcsight.com
An error occurred while trying to deliver this message to the recipient's e-mail address. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The web form nevers is replied to after filling it out and submitting. (3 times over 2 months)

We're expected to use the tools, but have, and can get no training. I'm willing to purchase something affordable and learn on my own time, but none of us have been able to find anything  that is newer than 4.x. (That's via HP!) Shameful.

Thanks for any advice. (PS, reading the helpfile isn't all that helpful, though I have been working through the 1,400 pages as time permits.

-= Bruce
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
mahandel Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Where can I find books, video's, or a web site for learning ArcSight ESM 6.x ?

Hi,

sorry that I have no answer here, but I would highly appreciate if someone can help you (and with that help me too )

because I'm looking for the same kind of information! ...and I guess we are not the only ones.

good luck (for both of us)

greets from germany - marc

0 Likes
shahnawaz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Where can I find books, video's, or a web site for learning ArcSight ESM 6.x ?

hey there,

you can start with the Arcsight 101 guide & Arcsight Admin guide ....

check if this is something for you... ?/

https://protect724.hp.com/community/arcsight/productdocs

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For Logger I authored and posted a document "Logger in 2 Hours" at this location

I am working on one for ESM as well, but it has not been released at this time.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Bruce-

Can you send me the link where you got that email address?

Anything that still points to the arcsight.com domain ought to have been found by now.

I'd like to get that fixed, and find you a better resource

Regards,

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Pushpendra_Rathi Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

According to me, If companies can afford to buy such an expensive ESM license then they can definitely afford to send their employees for training as well..

However all the ArcSight related documentation can be found on Protect724 itself, you can start with ESM101 guide..

If you are a partner then you can get access to online trainings by contacting HP through your account manager but online trainings do not seem useful to me as it's very limited, you can not do any practical there so instructor led training is the only way to go...

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
jnatt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

- HP Software Education has a full list of available training that is both in person and virtual.  Courses focus on various aspects of the ArcSight product and portfolio allowing the students to gain key experience accordingly.  Additionally, we offer various certifications for the ArcSight product from our Accredited Technical Professional (ATP) to our Master Accredited Solutions Experts (MASE).

The current catalog for our ArcSight Training can be found on the HP Software Education - Enterprise Security Products Catalog.  Based on your original request and the subsequence discussion the course you are most likely seeking is our basic ESM Course which is a 4 day virtual course.

I will be happy to help you further ensure you get the most out of any training opportunity including not only our In-Person and Virtual, but also our Electronic Based Training courses and seminars.

I hope this answers some of your questions and if not let me know and I will get the rest.

Thanks,

Joel E. Natt CISSP, CRISC
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software Education
Exam Development Lead – Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software

Trainer – HP Software Education – Fortify, TippingPoint

Get Training: http://www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/university

Get Certified: http://h10120.www1.hp.com/ExpertOne/certification_program_overview.html

Joel E. Natt, CISSP CRISC
Global Exam/Certification Development Manager – Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software Education
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I had replied privately, I guess I should have posted here in case anyone else will benefit. here is the link that appears to no longer be monitored:

http://info.arcsight.com/content/ArcU_Registration

-= bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thank-you Sir,

I've bookmarked and will begin reviewing this tonight.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I will be looking at your logger document tonight. BTW: If you need any type of reviewer for your upcoming ArcSight document, please don't hesitate to enlist me. Thanks for your work in creating something for the community to learn from.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
shahnawaz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hey Bruce,

Is this link still working or not,...

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Khan,

No. Sorry, this was actually in reply to: Aaron Kramers message a couple items above. I had requested info three times in 2 months, and never gotten a reply. emailing via the email link comes back immediately as undeliverable.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.