Highlighted
nils.guenther@t Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Where to put custom Asset Categories?

Hi community,

I'd like to add our locations as Asset Categories and am wondering what would be the better alternative?

1. Under the Path /All Asset Categories/Site Asset Categories/Location/Europe/... (which belongs to pre configured ArcSight-Content)
  2. Under my own path /All Asset Categories/MyCats/Site Asset Categories/Location/Europe/...

So basically the question is: Is it ok to extend ArcSight provided Asset Categories? Or should one always use a custom self-created path?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Established Member.. chrisb1
Established Member..

Re: Where to put custom Asset Categories?

I personally prefer to put them all under a custom group - this way I know what categories are in use and which ones aren't.  If it's categories that are already in ArcSight, I just copy them over and use the copies. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.