Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where to submit bug report ?

Jump to solution

Hi

I discovered a security flaw in ArcSight Appliance. Where should i submit security bug / vulnerability report? I have prepared the details technical write-up / security advisory for someone to review and response. Im afraid it will goes to the wrong channel. Doesn't ArcSight have some sort of CERT teams? please provide me their email address. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Where to submit bug report ?

Jump to solution

Issue a support ticket on HP SSO, discuss your issue and from there ArcSight Support can submit the internal feature/function documentation.

Thank you,

Doug

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Very kind of you Fathi.

Being Ex-HP myself, I found it can be complicated and frustrating finding proper place to report this information and have recent experience reporting in vulnerabilties found.

My recommendation for you to responsibly submit the bug, get immediate attention and even earn yourself some money is to report it to Tipping Point Zero Day Iniative.  They are officially part of HP, will buy the bug from you and then quickly make sure it gets fixed.

Even though some might question my recommendation, I think this is the fastest way to get the bug fixed (as they will put pressure).  Hey it doesn't hurt you may put some cash in your pocket as well, kind of like returning a lost wallet

-Greg

@threatstream

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Issue a support ticket on HP SSO, discuss your issue and from there ArcSight Support can submit the internal feature/function documentation.

Thank you,

Doug

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.