Highlighted
robert.baumer@u Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 7 and ESM 6.0 Console

Having some issues trying to access a ArcSight 6.0c install via the ESM 6.0c Console. I assume that since I am not hearing much this is a resolvable issue, but so far what I got is that we have been able to run the console on a Windows 2003 terminal server which I believe is not a supported OS. I also was able to get it to run on a Windows Vista 64, are you serious, Vista, next you'll be telling me it works on XP 32 bit..... No shizza, it does! So what is wrong with Windows 7 x64? I have tried it on 3 machines and none work, I have loaded up a VM with Vista x64 and was able to access the 6.0c install without issue, that rules out network related issues. Is there a patch, a setting, anything that I might be missing.

Kind regards,

Robert Baumer

BTW: My install is on a Centos 6.5

# cat /etc/redhatrelease

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)

Works great from my Windows 2003 server and Vista and HTTPS.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
robert.baumer@u Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows 7 and ESM 6.0 Console

Update, well it has been some time and all ArcSight (HP) ask me for more logs as I try to troubleshoot the situation. It seems that while a normal analyst account works fine from Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, when I attempt to logon as a administrator the system lock, as a matter of fact the console window is open but locked and the initial logon interface is still up stating it is connecting. It has been 3 weeks and still no insight from HP, am I the only person having this issue with 6.0c?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.