Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mmroitman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows Unified connector - Host table limit

Does anyone know if there is a limitation in the Windows Unified connector regarding the number of hosts in the hosts table. There is no limit in documentation but I see it just gets up to 1000 hosts. The idea is to get the windows Sec logs from my workstations, so I suppose It will be ok with the EPS limits. Can I workaround this in anyway?

Regards,

Michel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Established Member.. thoman
Established Member..

Re: Windows Unified connector - Host table limit

WUC SmartConnector limit is depend on number of hosts and EPS, please refer to WUC Benchmarking table below:

• Recommend reserve 512MB RAM for each WUC SmartConnector and 1 CPU core for each WUC.
  • With the heavy amount of communications involved with a SMB/CIFS connection, the WUC SmartConnector needs to be configured in a manner where it is not overwhelmed.
  • Recommendation: A single WUC SmartConnector should be dedicated to a single Connector Appliance Container.
  • Recommendation: The following metrics identify basic load balancing benchmarks for a single WUC SmartConnector.
    • Mileage may vary depending on Network Latency and Target Server Utilization.
    • Profile 8’s Max Hosts can be exceeded as long as you do not experience “Time Drift” issues.

WUC SmartConnector.jpg

Please refer to https://protect724.arcsight.com/docs/DOC-1461 for more detail.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.