Established Member.. bhermansen1
Established Member..

default DRAC password not working

We recently received a new C5200 Connector Appliance, and while trying to configure the DRAC i have run into a problem. None of the supposed default DRAC passwords are working. I have searched through the site already and referenced the configuring DRAC document. The passwords provided; "2oog3n" for the c5200 does not work. I have even tried "lifeli" and a blank password to be sure, but no luck.

I currently have submitted a ticket to hp support and have only received a response back with the very same document i already had. So in the mean time i would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. Or if anyone knows of anything else i should try.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
DRHawley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: default DRAC password not working

LOL, Someone else was posting how the DRAC uses a weak cipher, maybe you could crack it with netcat or some other password cracker.  Try lifeli3

0 Likes
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Crack with netcat?

0 Likes
DRHawley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah, netcat has a builtin password cracking program.  Which is why, if as has been said in Protect 724,

that the OOB Sw module is insecure it whould be protected by a firewall.

This is where i read that module is vunerable with weak ciphers:

DRAC vulnerability on logger appliance

0 Likes
DRHawley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NEED HELP CONFIGURING DRAC ON A CONNAPP:

I got DRAC working on a new Logger.  Too baed the knowledge doesn't help me configure it on a ConnApp.  There is no dedicated port (I do get an Connection Refused on the GREY colored Ethernet port, and nothing on the BLACK one (they don't appear to be labeled).  I got that doing an "ssh [default connapp ip] -l admin"  is that right?

When you reboot there is no opportunity to do a "Ctrl E" and get into the DRAC configuration Utility during boot.  There is no DRAC configuration "monitor" on the front of the ConnApp like there is on a Logger.

Do the ConnApps even support DRAC?

Thanks, David

0 Likes
DRHawley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have read that the newer ConnApps support the DRAC, but this is a Model C1300.  DRAC support?

0 Likes
DRHawley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nope, C1300 doe snot have DRAC support.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.