Highlighted
rashid47010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

forward windows 7 events to logger directly

Hi

I configure one device  with Name, IP address and and syslog as receiver. and syslog receiver is configured to collect the events against all IP address.

what I need to do on windows 7 side to forward events to logger over syslog.

Rashid

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
filbert Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: forward windows 7 events to logger directly

You'll need to use a third party tool such as Snare, I think that's the only way

Rgrds

Peter

0 Likes
justingruwell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: forward windows 7 events to logger directly

I am not sure if I fully understand your question but you can just install a SmartConnector on the Win7 host and set it to collect from local and send to your logger. There is no reason to use Snare with ArcSight because a SmartConnector installed on the host can do the same thing as Snare.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.