Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
aknur2007@list.
New Member.

how to create a report in 2-3 months?

how to create a report in 2-3 months?

I can not create a report for 2 months or more. These empty. Data are only available for 1 month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to create a report in 2-3 months?

It sounds like your online data is only good for 1 month and then goes to the Partition Archive.

You will need to check with database admin how they set it up or in the Console go to Partitions, Shared, All Partitions, System Partitions and right click on the Active Partitions and pick Partition Calendar. This will show you what partitions are still online (they will be green).

I would recommend using a trend to capture data for reports.

Test your conditions in an active channel than put them in a query and create a Trend from that query. You can schedule the trend to run on a hourly/daily time frame.  The data will be put into the trend and you won’t have to worry about losing the active events when partitions get archived.

There’s a lot of posts about trends, take a look at

https://protect724.hp.com/people/MarkR/blog/2010/08/12/wrapping-your-arms-around-trends--part-1

https://protect724.hp.com/people/MarkR/blog/2010/08/15/wrapping-your-arms-around-trends--part-2

0 Likes
tkachouba Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: how to create a report in 2-3 months?

I second what dzuperku said.  Trends would be your best bet for collecting and reporting over long time frames.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.