Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
sikkandar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SHA

Does SHA256 algorithm is compatible for  Artix 4.1 version ? Need any negotiation or change for the authentication

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: SHA

Artix 4.1 is a very old version of Artix and does not support SHA256. We do however support SHA256 in the latest version of Artix (5.6.3).

0 Likes
sikkandar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Martin for the reply. I have a doubt. How to support application that uses SHA256 algorithm for authentication if we use artix 4.1 ? any negotiation applicable. Thank u .

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The approach is to upgrade your Artix 4.1 application to the latest version of Artix.

0 Likes
sikkandar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok. Artix 4.1 supports which authentication and cryptographic algorithms ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

This is documented in the Artix 4.1 security guide:

supportline.microfocus.com/.../security_guide.pdf

See Chapter 14 "Configuring HTTPS and IIOP/TLS Secure Associations"

See the section Supported Cipher Suites

0 Likes
khaled2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Martin and all,
does Artix 5.5 supports TLS1.2 and how can i configure it?
0 Likes
scott_kay Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Artix 5.5 does not support TLS1.2. If you need TLS 1.2 support you must upgrade to Artix 5.6.4.
0 Likes
khaled2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Scott,
Thanks for your reply!

Does it support TLS1.1? if Yes, then any hint how to configure it?
if No, is this because Artix 5.5 uses java 1.5 which supports only TLS 1.0?

Actually we have a server that we integrate with, from Artix using TLS1.0, and they are going to stop TLS1.0 and allow only TLS1.1/TLS1.2

It is little bit confusing for me, and I'd appreciate if you can extend your support to help in my queries.

Regards,
Khaled
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Khaled,

Artix 5.5 does not support TLSv1.1 as well. The versions of the SSL/TLS protocol that are supported by Artix ESB depend on the particular JSSE provider configured. By default SunJSSE is configured and as you know in JDK 1.5, it does not support TLSv1.1/1.2.

So, you will have to upgrade to the latest version of Artix 5.6.4 to get TLSv1.1 and/or TLSv1.2 support.

Regards,
Karthi.
0 Likes
khaled2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Karthi for your reply.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.