Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

AM Web installation error

Jump to solution

Hello.  I'm attempting to install AM 9.41 (AMGR_00445) on the client web server (AM client is successfully installed on their application server) and I have run into an error that I believe I can ignore, but thought I'd ask.

The error is "Error 1904.  Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\CEReportSource.dll failed to register.  HRESULT - 2147020895.  Contact your support personnel".  The choices I have to respond to this are "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore".

I'm pretty sure this has to do with Crystal Reports, which was installed on their application server, but is not being installed on their web server.  As a side note, the client's processes demand that we install applications on the 😧 drive and not the C: drive, but I doubt that's got anything to do with this.

Has anyone run into this error in the past?  And what did you do about it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello

You are right this error is regarding to the Crystal Reports

The recommendation to avoid that kind of error if to install it with the package of the OOB

If you do not install it and ignore it it is expected that the installation continues but you won't be able to displayed any Cystal report documents

Angelica Rodriguez Arce
HP SW-Global Center of Excellence

If this post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello

You are right this error is regarding to the Crystal Reports

The recommendation to avoid that kind of error if to install it with the package of the OOB

If you do not install it and ignore it it is expected that the installation continues but you won't be able to displayed any Cystal report documents

Angelica Rodriguez Arce
HP SW-Global Center of Excellence

If this post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Angelica.  Are you saying that Crystal Reports also needs to be installed on the web server, too?  It's installed on the application server, which is where the AM client is installed.

Thanks again!

Lee

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I believe you could ignore these errors incase if you are not using Crystal reports .

As mentioned by Angelica, I had faced many issues in setting up the webtier of  HP AM when the application was installed in D drive,   when I reinstalled HP AM app on C drive, everything started working like a charm without even a single error. I dont have any clue, why it behaved like that for me.

Below is the forum post which I had made while setting up HP AM on webtier.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/IT-Asset-Manager-Connect-IT/Webtier-setup-9-40/m-p/6719167#M14118

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello,

I recently had the same issue where the installation of HP AM gave errors aournd Crystal. The simplest solution I found was to run the Crystal Runtime installtion, packaged with the HP AM install, first and then run the HP Asset Manager installation.

It can be found under:

...\Asset-Manager\CrystalReportingRuntime12\CRRuntime_12_2_mlb

Regards,

Deon

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.