UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Asset Manager 9.6x - Where are workflow action scripts stored?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Where in the database could I find the scripts for workflow actions?

The amAction table has an LSCRIPTID column. I chose a known action and found its lscriptid. I have checked every table I could find with the word "SCRIPT" in the name, and that script id is not found in any of them.

The Physical Data Model document ( https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01450460 ) specifies the location of the event scripts (amWkEvtScript) but says nothing about the action scripts.

My need here is to be able to quickly generate reports on scripts meeting certain criteria (e.g., identify all scripts that send email, or possess any other quality in which we might be interested).

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

'Actions memo (amActionMemo)' is the table for the following action table links...

'Description (Description)' - lDescId

'Selection query (Query)' - lQueryId

'Action script (Script)' - lScriptId

'Wizard script (WizardScript)' - lWizScriptId

Other action types either have links to other tables or related elements are directly on 'Actions (amAction)' table.

BTW, actions used in workflows can be found in table 'Workflow activities - Actions relation (amRelWfActivAct)' which stores the relationship between 'Actions (amAction)' and 'Workflow activities (amWfActivity)' (yes, a workflow activity can have multiple actions associated).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

'Actions memo (amActionMemo)' is the table for the following action table links...

'Description (Description)' - lDescId

'Selection query (Query)' - lQueryId

'Action script (Script)' - lScriptId

'Wizard script (WizardScript)' - lWizScriptId

Other action types either have links to other tables or related elements are directly on 'Actions (amAction)' table.

BTW, actions used in workflows can be found in table 'Workflow activities - Actions relation (amRelWfActivAct)' which stores the relationship between 'Actions (amAction)' and 'Workflow activities (amWfActivity)' (yes, a workflow activity can have multiple actions associated).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Thank you, Mark! That was exactly what I needed to know.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.