Asset Manager Support Tip: Upgrading from 9.32 to 9.50 with an oracle/DB2 fails
Our experienced team has found that doing the upgrade from 9.32 to 9.50 with an oracle DB will show a problem related to: Oracle error: ORA-00957: duplicate column name (see attachement for further detail)
AM does create some UPPER_<field> with on Oracle to ensure case insensitivity an uniqueness on some of the fields like login name for employees, and so on. (by default Oracle is case sensitive).
Our develop people is working on it to find the fix. The solution might be delivered on: QCCR1E122172
Affected database types
Affected upgrading AM versions
• AM 5.2x
• AM 9.3x
• AM 9.4x
The workaround is to use the Alter Table mode to migrate an Oracle/DB2 database of a previous Asset Manager version to Asset Manager 9.50.
• The upgrading Asset Manager database is Multi-Tenancy disabled
• The workaround applies to only Oracle database
• It supports the migration from Asset Manager 5.2x, 9.3x and 9.4x
• Reference to the Asset Manager 9.50 Migration guide for the detailed information of migration
Steps to apply the workaround
• Open the Asset Manager 9.50 Application Designer
• Hold the Ctrl key and click Edit > Options
• Locate the Advance mode > UseAlterTable and set its value to 'Yes'
• Close the Application Designer
• Follow the steps described in the Asset Manager 9.50 Migration guide to perform the database migration
Database back up will be required!
Angelica Rodriguez Arce
HP SW-Global Center of Excellence
If this post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'