Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Asset Manager web deployment on IIS

Hi All,

I am having trouble with authentication while configuring AM webtier and webservice through IIS. Anyone with inputs/suggestions is welcome.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Kai,

I am following up this forum, I was wondering if you still have some concerns or if it is ok for you.

Regards,

David Kibler
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What exactly are you using IIS for? AM Web requires a web app server such a Tomcat or WebSphere. IIS is only used if you're doing Single Sign-On.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Dear Kai,

as mentioned before you don't need IIS unless you need to configure SSO.

Here you will find some documentation how to do so:

https://docs.microfocus.com/AM/9.70/Content/Administration/ch12s07.html

However I've heard that single sign on using Apache as web server is much easier to configure. There is no AM specific documentation but if you search Google for Apache/Tomcat single sign on and you may find some good hints

Note: if one of the entries helped you or you found a solution anywhere else it is appreciated when you mark the thread as solved/closed. (adding the solution will help other users even more).

Thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.