New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Avoid using the Admin account

There are a number of things (APM, App Designer, Import Module, etc...) where you need to connect to AM with Administrative Rights.  It is good practice to create seperate accounts which have bAdminRights=1 rather than using the "Admin" account itself.  Keep the "Admin" account in reserve as an "Oh Heck" option.  This might seem obvious to folks, but I have seen a lot of places over the years use "Admin" and I always recommend against it.

Years ago worked with a Customer who had not set up any other accounts with Admin Rights besides "Admin" and it got locked out.  This was back when I was in Support so I was able to get them SQL to run on the backend to fix the issue, but it was a bit tense for them until we did so.

Cheers... Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
2 Replies
Commander
Commander

Hi Russell

I hope you are doing great today, is recomendate has more one profile with administrations rights since like you say is some other user that haven't admin rights  forget the password you must be enter with other user with admin rights to change the password of unlock the other user, for that reason is better has more than one user with full admin rights. 

BR

Andres

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yes Andres.  Agreed.  I was suggesting people take it a step farther and not use the Admin account at all except in extremis.

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.