Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

CIT Tip - CanAlwaysEditMappings option

Have you ever had a CIT Scenario where you wanted to look at one of the Mappings, but for whatever reason the Connectors cannot be opened?  Well, there is a handy (although strangelly hidden) way to do so.  It is something I always showed my students when HPSWE used to have me teach CIT 120.

From the Scenario Builder go to "Edit|Options" and look under "Component|Mapping".

All you will see is a single lonlely option about getting a warning with collections.

Cancel out and then go to "Edit|Options" again, but this time hold down the <Ctrl> key.

Now under "Component|Mapping" you will see two more options.  The first of these is:

CanAlwaysEditMappings

Set that to Yes and you can look at Mappings without opening the Connectors.

Gnerally you will leave it off sice it gets annoying to have to manually oprn connectors.

However when you need it it is extremelly useful.  🙂

Oh.... there are lots of other things which show up as well when you hold down <Ctrl>... most of those are not documented and some are only partially impleneted and there is limited suppoet for them.  Play with them at your own risk!

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Russ

Thanks for the tip!!! This is a very useful option in CIT product and also AM product has the same tip!

Best Regards! 

Andres VM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Quite true Andres...  I made the assumption most folks knew about the  "<cntrl> Edit|Options" in Asset Manager since you need it to turn on the ADB Log.

Pausing a moment in that context and thinking about the hidden options being largelly unvalidated... both the "ADB Log" and the "CanAlwaysEditMappings" should really be moved out onto the normal "Edit | Options " menu.  They have certainlly stoof the test of time.  If there is anyone left in AM R&D it sould lieklly be a pretty minor enhancement.  Would increase overall stability by not hving folks see a whole bunch of options which have not been documented or tested.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

This is a great tip. Now I can view mappings for old connectors that were set up for now retired servers. Very useful, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Glad to help.  Also allows you to look at the various OOB ones in the "Scenarios" folder where CIT is installed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.