Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

CONNECTING INSTALLATION WITH PORTFOLIO ITEM

HI,

I have a problem with understanding of how it is possible to make a link between the installation and a license, while doing it manually.

So, I have

amModel table with:

1) IBM Server model (with nature - Computer)

2) MS SQL Server model (with nature - License)

amPortfolio table with:

1) IBM Server 360 (the specific server with model - IBM Server model)

2) MS SQL Server Standart 2008 (the specific license with model - MS SQL Server model)

When I want to make an installation on my specific server (via amSoftInstall or straight via tab "apps of the computer"), I can only choose a model of installation (from amModel) and make a link with my specific server (from amPortfolio), BUT NOT WITH MY SPECIFIC LICENSE (from amPortfolio).

The wizard "manage licenses and installations" doesnt display my specific license either.

So how can I do this? Please tell me the steps.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Just use the 'Parent' link on your 'SQLServer installation' to refer you 'IBM server'.

If you read the documentation "Software Assets", you will find that the softwares can be referenced as portfolio items or just as softinstall.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I`ve already linked the installation with my server via the PARENT link (after that the installtion has displayed in the list of portfolio items).

The problem is my license is not connected with the installation. So should I link via PARENT my license (as I conected my installation) ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.