DDMi to HPAM Connect-It scenario to slow

Our Connect-It scenario which just runs the Scanned-Computer mapping is taking a very long time to complete. Since we upgrade our environments to 9.30 on Sept 30th the Connect-It scenario has not completed. There are 13,500 records in DDMi that match the selection criteria for the scenario. After letting the Connect-It scenario run for 24 hours I check in HPAM amComputer table for how many records match dtLastModif > 10/25/2011 8:00:00 AM AND dtLastModif < 10/26/2011 8:00:00 AM. I get a count of 548.

I understand a lot of factors affect the performance of the Connect-It scenario. I would like to get an opinion from the community, how fast should this scenario run? How do you measure your Connect-It scenario performance?

I have attached screenshots of the mapping list for Scanned-Computers. In the Add-On collections we bring over Monitors, Software Installations and Printers.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi John,

I see you are using the field PhysicalAddress as a reconciliation key , do you have an index on this field ? if not then try to create an index on it and see how it goes.

Regards,

Yousef

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello John,

Following methods you can try for improving performance.

-Create index on Reconciliation keys. Refresh the index if you already have created. Also run the statistics.

-Create the index on fields which are used in lookup. Avoid like or IN condition in lookup.

-Enable the schedule pointer. -If possible use dynamic map tables instead of doing DB lookup queries.

-Enable the parallelization option in CIT scenario.

-Filter unwanted data at DDMI source document.

-Enable use of cache in CIT.

-You can try following technique for improvement if you have Oracle DB on destination.

Step1: Modify the INI files

Note: Close all Assetcenter and Connect-it instance before doing change in INI files.

-Modify amdb.ini Location: % USERPROFILE %\WINDOWS\amdb.ini

Action: Append following text after each connection in amdb.ini

PostConnectSql=alter session set optimizer_mode=first_rows_1|alter session set optimizer_index_cost_adj=15 PCSqlSignature=213774F1

-Modify CntrSrv.ini Location: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\HP\ConnectIt\conf\CntrSrv.ini

Action: Copy following text and replace with [OPTION]

[Option]

/Advanced/AllowACWithDatabase=1 /Advanced/SpecialQueryForOracleAm=PostConnectSql=alter session set optimizer_mode=first_rows_1|alter session set optimizer_index_cost_adj=25^PCSqlSignature=2371CAA8^OraFirstRowsHint=FIRST_ROWS(1)^Stmtcache=500

-Modify conit.ini

Location: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\HP\ConnectIt\conf\conit.ini

Action: Copy following text and replace with [OPTION] [Option]

# for tests only

/pifcon/MaxDocProduced=1|25000 #regular options /Tips/TipsReadPosition=11 /Display/ShowAdvancedWiz=1 /Advanced/AllowACWithDatabase=1 /Advanced/SpecialQueryForOracleAm=PostConnectSql=alter session set optimizer_mode=first_rows_1|alter session set optimizer_index_cost_adj=25^PCSqlSignature=2371CAA8^OraFirstRowsHint=FIRST_ROWS(1)^Stmtcache=5000 /Advanced/CanAlwaysEditMapping=1 /Display/DisplayByElemDoc=1 /Advanced/DisplayAdvancedConfigurator=1 /Advanced/ShowConfigTab=1 /pifcon/ReconcCacheSize=100000 /Tips/TipsOnStartup=0 /Advanced/ShowObjName=1 /Advanced/RMI/DisplayCntrPID=1 /Advanced/DisplayExtendedStat=1 /log/LogMaxFileSize=55 /log/NewLogMechanism=1

Thanks -Vishal Shah

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Is there any settings that can be applied to speed up this scenatio when using MS SQL Server 10?

Regards

Remi Moulard

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.