Commodore
Commodore

How to create view to show asset and its network Cards (ip address)

I'm have serverA with multiple IP addresses (in network tab)

How can I define a view to show serverA and the corresponding ip addresses in a column?

Option1: ServerA | hostname| IP add 1| IP add 2| IP add 3|

Option2: How can I view the amNetworkCards table from the Web or Windows client? Then i could generate something like below:

ServerA | IP add 1

ServerA| IP add 2

ServerA | IP add 3

TIA!

Amy K
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Option 1 is not possible in a view.  Option 2 is possible in a view if you start with 'Network cards (amNetworkCard)' table.  The 'Network cards (amNetworkCard)' table can be accessed via 'Administration > List of screens' menubar option, via Windows Client.  After creating the view, you can access via Windows/Web Client based on the associated domain...the 'Window > Display navigation bar' menubar option is for Windows Client and will look similar to Web Client.

Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Indeed - Option 1- may not be possible (unless, maybe, if you decide ahead of time the max number of IPs you'll display per machine).

However - if you had time for that and displaying IPs in a row is a 'must have' -

Then, you would add a Text type feature to your table (or update your DB with a new long text field). 

Then: create a worflow which triggers on link/unlink a card to a machine. This workflow would keep an updated list of active IPs in this new text field whom you would add in your displayed list

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.