Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is there a difference in how wizards are displayed in AM5.22 vs AM9.40

Jump to solution

Hello all.  I am in the midst of an upgrade from AM5.22 to AM9.40, and I have a question concerning how some particular wizards are displayed in v5.22 vs v9.40.

This customer has a custom wizard that is used for it's "Main Menu" when users log in to AM (Action at login).   I have attached a document that shows the differences when logging into AM5.22 vs. AM9.40.

Notice in the screenshot for v5.22 that the action (wizard) completely fills the screen with the exception of the Navigation bar and the News Marquee (also note that there is no blue bar at the top of the wizard to minimize, restore or X to close), while in v9.40 the wizard opens as a separate page with the standard blue bar at the top so you can minimize, X to close, etc.

Is there a setting in Asset Manager that controls how certain wizards ae displayed?  Configuration, possibly?

I hope this issue doesn't confuse anyone, and I'll be glad to answer any questions to help clear things up.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can give.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Mark, wanted to let you know that we were able to fix the problem by adding another upgrade from v5.22 to v9.32, and then upgrading again from v9.32 to v9.40.  It wasn't document anywhere to do this, but Ciaran and I tested it and it fixed the problem with how the wizards and other screen display in the client.  Now the wizards display in the v9.40 client just like they did in the v5.22 client, but this didn't happen until we added the extra step of upgrading from v5.22 to v9.32 before going to v9.40.

Thanks again for you help with this.

Lee

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Lee, I bet if you maximize the 940 screen it will look just like 522.  This seems to happen upon opening the wizard for the first time.  I know of no settings you ask for and have even seen the wizard minimize (similar smaller size) after chaining to itself.  There are min/max size attributes at the wizard root but i have found this difficult to set as end users may not have the same monitor size and is ignored from chaining aspect menioned above.

Note: For the max size to stay for the first time the wizard needs to be stepped through and completed successfully.  This means you cannot max the size then cancel the wizard.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mark!  Thanks for getting back to me, and I would have responded sooner but it's only 7:30 am out here.  🙂

I had actually tried what you suggested yesterday, but didn't run through everything (all the chained wizards) completely, but to no avail.  I gave it another shot just be responding to you but I still didn't have any luck.  It's very possible that it's just one of those "differences" between the two versions, but it's a shame if that's the case because it works so much better in their v5.22 version.  In v9.40, two of the chained wizards actually open BEHIND the Main Menu wizard, so you don't even know they're open until you close the Main Menu.  

Thanks again Mark.  I always appreciate your help!

Lee

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Lee, the only other option is to set "Modal" attribute at wizard root.  This attribute locks out all other screens/toolbar options while the wizard is executing.  This could be the difference you are seeking but I don't know what the "default" is for this attribute between 522/940, if there was any.  This modal option may not really be an option if the customer still wants to access other screens/toolbar options.  Setting this attribute should take care of the chaining wizard behind main wizard issue.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Mark, the "Modal" attribute is set to 0 in the wizard root in both 5.22 and the 9.40 versions (via the upgrade), so I'll ahve to find out if it should be set to something other than 0 in 9.40.

As for the issue where some of the screens would open behind the Main Menu wizard, turns out that those particular screens were actually called using the "amopenscreen" function and not the "amwizchain" like the others, so that's another thing I'll have to figure out.

Thanks again Mark.  Your replies are always welcome and make me consider things I haven't before.

Lee

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

I have never used the amOpenScreen for wizards and not even sure that is possible.  This would mean actual screens are being opened and not actual wizards.  Setting the modal may fix so the screen opens on top of main wizard, when screen is done, close then back to main wizard.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Yep, it's possible.  And like I said earlier, it opens the screen, but you wouldn't even be aware that they had been opened until you end the Main Menu wizard (in this case).  So I'll have to continue to look and see if something has changed between the two versions for the Modal setting, although I'm not sure why it would have.

Thanks again Mark.  I'll keep you posted.

Lee

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Mark, wanted to let you know that we were able to fix the problem by adding another upgrade from v5.22 to v9.32, and then upgrading again from v9.32 to v9.40.  It wasn't document anywhere to do this, but Ciaran and I tested it and it fixed the problem with how the wizards and other screen display in the client.  Now the wizards display in the v9.40 client just like they did in the v5.22 client, but this didn't happen until we added the extra step of upgrading from v5.22 to v9.32 before going to v9.40.

Thanks again for you help with this.

Lee

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.