SMTP server error: 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful (535).

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to setup the SMTP protocol to send and recieve the emails. after all the setup is done as suggested in the guide.

after that am trying to test the same using the amAction, am getting error as provided below.

I have added the mail.ini details as well.

[mail]
SMTP=1
SMTPserver=smtp.etisalat.corp.ae
email=assetmanager@etisalat.ae
displayname=Asset Manager
SMTPAuth=1

Indrakumar
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

contacted the HP support and now i am able to send the emails.

regards,

Indra

Indrakumar

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Based on your error message screenshot I would suggest including "SMTP:" to the front of your email address.  If the email address is being obtained from the employee record EMail field then prefix the field value with "SMTP:"

0 Likes

Hey Mark,

I have already done the same thing and restarted the APM as well. still no luck.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

I would contact HP Support.

0 Likes

Hi Mark,

Thank you. I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar

Hi Mark,

For this, is LDAP certificate mandatory, and if so can it acceppt the pb7 format even though it is mentioned as .pem is mandatory.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
Fleet Admiral

When I wrote "I would contact HP Support.", this was meant as a suggestion for you to contact HP Support with your issue regarding the SMTP errors.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

> When I wrote "I would contact HP Support.", this was meant as a suggestion for you ...

Perhaps you need to rephrase it as "Please contact MF Support for further help.".  🙂

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

You have completed all the settings described on this page https://docs.software.hpe.com/AM/9.63/Content/Administration/ch14s02se02.html?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have configured Values in Messaging tab for Admin user.

R's headstrong

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I think you made a mistake and replied to the wrong user. 🙂

0 Likes

contacted the HP support and now i am able to send the emails.

regards,

Indra

Indrakumar

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.