Admiral
Admiral

Scripted statistics display blank chart

Hello,

I have written attached code for a scripted statistics and although the script for extracting values is working (checked it in Actions), the chart display is blank.

Basically, the y  axis of the chart should show countries and x axis should display count for MidRange, Network etc. device types.

Thank you!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Has anybody worked on statistics before? Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello P_D,

While I lack the time to have a deeper look at the script right now and only did some small tests with statistics so far, one thing that might help is to use "Name" instead of "Country" or "ComputerType" in the XMLAttributes.

When I used a different string from "Name" my example statistic didn't display the statistic it should have but only the last column.

And my groups didn't have values, but adding a "value"-XMLAttribute to them didn't add or break anything.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Play with adding something like this after your </group> tag...

& Chr(13) & Chr(10) 

Looks like each group needs to be on its own line...

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Chris and Joe,

Thank you for looking at this post. I did try adding the Chr(10 & Chr(13) to RetVal but I see "(16384) Parameter error:" error in adblog file. Looks like the grouping and subgrouping works correctly but somehow the statistics doesn't display due to this error. 

Have you come across this error before and do you know why it occurs. 

Thank you again for your input. I appreciate it.

Regards,

P_D.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I just started working with scripted statistics myself…  To trouble shoot I have been putting in amMsgBox()s to show values of variables and working backward from there trying to identify exactly where the code fails… for example does you code fail before it gets to the ‘RetVal’ portion? It’s a pretty crude approach but it helps me figure out what to focus on… Maybe someone else has a better way to debug these?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.