Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unmanaged SW in the AM 9.3 SAM best practice...

I have been reading the white papers in the SAM Best Practice module. In the Paper Minimizing the SW Stored in AM there is the following:

Before it inserts software installations into Asset Manager, Connect-It checks the mapping in the
amInventModel table. If the definitive model is "Unmanaged Software Installation" model,
Connect-It does not insert the software installation into Asset Manager.

Where does the model "Unmanaged Software Installation" come from? It does not appear to be included in the SAM Best Practice import? Is it enough to simply create a model with this name?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Most probably you have something like

PifNewQueryFromFmtName( "Asset Management", "amModel", "BarCode = 'sysUNKNOWN_SOFT'"

to find the unknown software in the Connect-It scenario you use.

so in the case I use, that would be the barcode of the Model.

0 Likes

Where do i find  this scenario??

Indrakumar
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

All settings are described in the document that you are reading. Just next to this document is an archive with all necessary data to load in HPE Asset Manager.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.