Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Updating manually in Asset Manager

I want to update the warranty date as well as maintenance date in HP asset manager for a perticluar Device but, both fields are gray and not able to change it. I can only able to change the In-service date of device manually.

I have AM-DDMI integration.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Helo RT5,

There are two possible reasons for it:

1. Your profile doesn't not have the neccesary user rights assigned to update the particular fields?

2. The field has been made 'Read only'.

Regards,
Deon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I'm currently using the Admin login still the fields are Gray.

On the other side the I was trying to update those fields from the Views(report) which is created on the Navigation bar. It has been created by HP guy who came when we first install the server.

Another question i have is "How AM gets to know the Device Warranty Date and Maintenance date ???"

Please help me on this issue as i wanted to update those fields ASAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

The Maintenance date elements are greyed out because these elements are actually located on the 'Contracts (amContract)' table.  These elements will display values once the 'Maint. contract (MaintContract)' link is populated.

As for the 'Warranty end date (dWarrEnd)' element, this element is on the 'Assets (amAsset)' table directly so if you are logged in as Admin and the element is greyed out then it was made readonly.  If Admin should still be able to manipulate this element then the readonly attribute needs to change and is done via Designer application.  The readonly attribute can be changed to "Script" along with the use of amHasAdminPrivilege() (defined in programmer's reference pdf guide under Docs windows directory folder where software installed).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Could you please tell me "How AM gets to know the Device Warranty Date, In-service date and Maintenance date ???"

I'm using AM-DDMI. Does DDMI gets this data? If yes then how?

And If i wanted to update the Warranty and Maintenance date what are the steps to follow.

AM versin 9.31

DDMI Version 9.32

Regards,

Rahul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I am not sure I understand your questions.  Asset Manager is a repository of information given to it through multiple means (manual entry or interaction with another system).  This repository is populated based on organizational requirements.  This means if the organization defines requirements related with Warranty Date, In-service date and Maintenance date then these elements can be utilized oob to store related information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

My question was Warranty Date, In-service date and Maintenance dates are poppulated from other tool or it has to be filled manually by someone for every device.

On my AM previous user already created the the Report Views, from where i take all the reports, Is it safe to edit in these fields directly. I have attached the screenshot also.

Also my Warranty Date and Maintenance date fields are in Gray and i can't modify it. I'm using Admin Login. Can you please tell me how to update them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I am sorry but something is being lost in translation as you are asking the same questions.

How those dates get populated is based on organizational requirements (from other tool or manually by someone).  Those fields come oob so if you want to utilize them or not does not matter.

Just like normal screens, Views just display records, if fields need to be modified then this can be done.

The second screenshot shows the fields in question under a custom tab.  I and others have already stated how to identify why they are greyed out and how to resolve so not sure what else we can write to get you to understand.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.