Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

scanned PC serial numbers Mapping

Hi  ,

We use DDMi 9.30 . In some windows xp pcs as attached in doc Bios asset tag and Bios serial number are same .But in few pcs both are different , in rest of the mechines bios serial no is empty only bios asset tag is there   .

So during mapping of asset serial no in CIT i want give first priority to Bios serial no if that is empty then map Bios asset tag to bios serial no .

But Bios serial no will be in 2 different fields in  diffrent mechine i.e "hwBiosData.hwBiosAssetTag"  or "hwBiosData.hwBiosSerialNumber"    . Totally my script first need to check bios serial , if value is there return the valuse else pass the bios asset tag from these 2 fileds .

I have created a script for 2 fileds as below :-

dim astsrno as String

astsrno=[hwBiosData.hwBiosAssetTag]

If astsrno ="" then

astsrno=[hwBiosData.hwBiosSerialNumber]

End If

RetVal=astsrno

Plz suggest .

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Vasantha,

I'm going to be reviewing this with the help of several engineers in order to provide you with an answer to make sure the scripting you are using is correct with what you are trying to achieve. I will provide you with an update as soon as I can. 

Regards, 

Gabriela Arguello
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

have you tried the code you have? Did it work?

Since you want the SerialNumber field to be checked 1st, you may want to change the order of your code, that is:

if [hwBiosData.hwBiosSerialNumber] = "" then

retval = =[hwBiosData.hwBiosAssetTag]

else

retval = [hwBiosData.hwBiosSerialNumber]

end if

The code above assumes that [hwBiosData.hwBiosAssetTag] is not empty.

You may also want to consider what to do if both fields are blank, ignore the node or the document (if the SN or AssetTag is used as your reconciliation key)

but your code looks ok and should work for you. Let us know if your code works and the results.

Thanks,

David

HP Software Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.