Rules-based processing for Discovered Products exclusions

Idea ID 2788644

Rules-based processing for Discovered Products exclusions

Similar to how Patch Policies use rules to determine which patch content falls within scope of each policy, I would like the ability to create rulesets to automate some of the processing for Discovered Products exclusions. For example, I know that Adobe Flash will always receive a Standards Category of "No License Required" and will be Excluded. Same for the Java Runtime Environment, and dozens of other products.
Basically, keeping up with unreconciled discovered products is a non-trivial time investment, requires a whole lot of clicking in the web interface, and involves a lot of waiting for pages to load. Rules-based processing of exclusions would help me sort through the dozens of discovered products (or hundreds, in a busy month where I haven't been able to devote enough time to housekeeping) that I don't care about, and, more importantly, helps me quickly identify the ones I do (or might) care about so that I can deal with them and move on to other things.
1 Comment
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I like this idea. I like the idea of the fingerprinting team pre-excluding these titles before they're ever seen in the Discovered Products stream. This used to happen much more effectively.
Most "Liked" Contributors
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.