Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Import Purchase Record using Template

I took the Novell ZAM Import template file, renamed it (because the filename is greater than 64 characters) and tried to import it - Reports an error (TEMPLATE.XLS). I removed the extra sheets from the XLS and tried to import it - Reports an error (TEMPLATE2.XLS)

I add the desired records to the template - same error.

When you click on the error link (1) it takes you a screen with no errors listed - see attachments.

I even logged into ZAM Web Console from the server itself and tried the import.

It fails without data being present and using the original column headers. Any ideas? We have ZAM 7.5 IR16. I got the template from:

Purchase Record Import fails to import with header error "Bad column header: PO#".
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Import Purchase Record using Template

pcwoodring;1714528 wrote:
I took the Novell ZAM Import template file, renamed it (because the filename is greater than 64 characters) and tried to import it - Reports an error (TEMPLATE.XLS). I removed the extra sheets from the XLS and tried to import it - Reports an error (TEMPLATE2.XLS)

I add the desired records to the template - same error.

When you click on the error link (1) it takes you a screen with no errors listed - see attachments.

I even logged into ZAM Web Console from the server itself and tried the import.

It fails without data being present and using the original column headers. Any ideas? We have ZAM 7.5 IR16. I got the template from:

Purchase Record Import fails to import with header error "Bad column header: PO#".

How often I end up answering my own posts.

SUCCESS! I have imported the P.O. data into ZAM.

The key is that the file must be tab-delimited. AND, for some reason, when you export with Microsoft Access (at least v. 2002), it converts the # in the header to periods, so the headers were invalid.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.