Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving Zam7.0 FILESTORE to Zam7.5 FILESTORE

I have build new server Win2003 with fresh install of ZAM 7.5 Enterprise edition.
The environment already has ZAM7.0 Enterprise with SQL 2000 database, but the server will decommissioned. The new server, will have same name and IP address as current ZAM 7.0 server. I don’t want to loose any inventory data,
Can I restore ZAM 7.0 filestore on ZAM 7.5 filestore?
Will coping FILESTORE from 7.0 on 7.5’s FILESTORE work?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving Zam7.0 FILESTORE to Zam7.5 FILESTORE

hmmm tricky. I think you would be best to backup the database and filestore from the current production 7.0 server, restore them to the new server (which should be ZAM 7.0 still at this point) and then perform an upgrade to 7.5 and apply all the patches afterwards.
Moving the filestore and database now may not work as the ZAM executables expect V7.5 database schema and you will only have the 7.0 schema.
You might want more feedback on this before testing it out.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving Zam7.0 FILESTORE to Zam7.5 FILESTORE

reenasaini;1700778 wrote:
I have build new server Win2003 with fresh install of ZAM 7.5 Enterprise edition.
The environment already has ZAM7.0 Enterprise with SQL 2000 database, but the server will decommissioned. The new server, will have same name and IP address as current ZAM 7.0 server. I don’t want to loose any inventory data,
Can I restore ZAM 7.0 filestore on ZAM 7.5 filestore?
Will coping FILESTORE from 7.0 on 7.5’s FILESTORE work?

With what dusty said, that is one way.

Another way is to upgrade your existing box to 7.5 and get it all up and converted to the new database format. All the clients will start upgrading themselves also. Do you really need the new server with the same name? I would just migrate the database to it, there is a database move utility. Once database is moved, you have the database on a separate box and the collection, task and web piece on your old box. Now install everything on the new box, with new name and add it to your existing "system". Now move all of the PC's to use the other collection server and if there are any other changes for task, etc make those. You'll need to turn off the web piece on the existing box and change it in the console to point to the new box.

Gives you a little extra of a safety net when putting in a new box and taking out an old one. No need to worry about names, except for the database, hence the move utility.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.