Absent Member.. Student2912 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

AM 5.22 login issue

Hi All,

I am using AM 5.22

For some of the users to whom we have provided AM access for the first time are getting the following error when they try to login to Asset Manager.

"Cannot write to file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\AssetManager\conf\amdb.ini'(errorno=5, Access is denied.)."

Please can anybody let me know if this error is related to AM application or this is a Desktop side issue. Also the resolution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
RobC_TR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: AM 5.22 login issue

What version of Windows are they on? Is there anything different for them than other users where it works fine?

At first glance looks likely to come down to their permissions on the machine, could be that they don't have write access to that folder or file.

0 Likes
-AM-advanced
New Member.

Hi Amit!

I think it is just a usual problem with user rights. You should give the corresponding rights to the user (to work with C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\AssetManager).

Best wishes
Alex
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

The user was given Administrator access on that machine and still the user is getting the same error message.

Please help!

Regards,

Amit 

0 Likes
-AM-advanced
New Member.

Try to create this file manually.

OR

Try to run Asset Manager Client with right click -> Run as Administrator.

Best wishes
Alex
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It is an AM application issue in that access is needed to the amdb.ini.  It could also be a desktop issue in that Windows 7 gives a "false" administrator access; Review the profile and User Access Control (UAC).

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sorry, I just noticed the error message file path; this means you are not using Windows 7.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mark,

By the below statement do you mean that the issue is on Application side.

"It is an AM application issue in that access is needed to the amdb.ini."

Please let me know if there is a specific setting which I need to do to provide access to amdb.ini file for this user?

But the other users are able to login fine to the application.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sorry for the confusion but the issue is two-fold.  This is mainly a desktop issue in that the amdb.ini file cannot be modified.  The AM application modifies this file so the operating system profile used requires write access to that path and file.

0 Likes
-AM-advanced
New Member.

Look at my post http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/IT-Asset-Manager-Connect-IT/AM-5-22-login-issue/m-p/5703447#M9887.

Go to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\AssetManager\conf, then if amdb.ini exists, right click on it -> look at the checkbox 'read-only'. If it is selected -> unselect it.

Best wishes
Alex
0 Likes
Absent Member.. GouravRane Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If this problem is still there check if the OS is having UAC on.
It can cause this type of issue.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

The issue got resolved when we provided Admin access to the user on the desktop.

Does this mean that the users should have Admin access on the dekstop to login to AM client?

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.