Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Mouad_1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

AM 9.50 webservice only returns 500 records

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying AM webservices for the first time. I've build a query again amPortfolio that returns more that 2000 records in AM desktop client.

The query is exposed as a web service, and when I make the call (through some jquery SOAP plugin, and with no arguments), it only returns 500 records !

The query is named : "DdasPortfolio", and the webService method is "retrieveAllPortfolioListByDdasPortfolio".

Any thoughts please.

Regards,

Mouad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: AM 9.50 webservice only returns 500 records

Jump to solution

Hi Mouad,

Look in the doc\white_papers\Implementation folder.

There are two documents that describe it. The one from 9.30 covers only URL-based calls, the one from 9.50 covers using JSON to do more complicated tasks as well as the advanced URL options.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mouad,

I can't think of a reason it would not return all of the records, but I'm not an expert on the web service. However, with the newer versions of AM, HPE actually recommends using the RESTful API instead of the web service. Have you tried using that to execute your query?

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Jason.

NOt I have tried that yet.

Any documentation about AM RESTful  API please 

I can't find any in the Tailoring.pdf or ProgrammersReference.pdf , and Im not sure what's really the difference between consuming the webService as described in the ProgrammersReference.pdf (Page64) and consuming a RESTful API.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mouad,

Look in the doc\white_papers\Implementation folder.

There are two documents that describe it. The one from 9.30 covers only URL-based calls, the one from 9.50 covers using JSON to do more complicated tasks as well as the advanced URL options.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

The doc\white_papers\Implementation resource is great.

Many thanks Jason. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards,

Mouad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.