Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

AM Integration with GIS (ESRI ArcGIS/MapInfo)

We have a customer who is interested in integrating Asset Manager with GIS tools from ESRI - ArcGIS and MapInfo. If your organization has built such a custom integration, can you send me a quick note at chris.peltz@microfocus.com? Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
dkibler Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: AM Integration with GIS (ESRI ArcGIS/MapInfo)

Hello chrispeltz,

Unfortunately there is no option to integrate AM with GIS at this moment. Please find below a link to check all the integrations available with Asset Manager.

https://docs.microfocus.com/integrations/#

Best Regards,

David Kibler
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes

David - yes, well aware there is no out-of-box integrations for this. That is why I have posted this to the community at large to see if anyone has done a custom integration.

0 Likes
Highlighted
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Points, Lines, and Polygons Oh My!!!

I have never done an integration between HPAM and GIS, but I know a lot about HPAM and a little about GIS.

Not knowing what you are doing I will take a guess that the equipment is being tracked in HPAM until deployment.  Then when it is deployed it is tied to a Point in GIS, but you want to be able to tie this back to the Asset in HPAM for Financial/Procurement data, etc...  GIS is extreelly flexible, so I would suggest just creating a field on the GIS data table for the HPAM AssetTag (or BarCode).

At first blush I would think this is quite similar to how at lot of Datacenter equipment gets treated.  HPAM owns the data until it gets deployed in the Datahall.  At that point HPAM knows it is in there, but often little mpore.  Sometimes folks track teh Rack Info, etc... but realistically that is all going to be better pulled from the DCIM if you are trying to physically locate the Asset.  From an ITFM perspective generally knowling it is live in the datahall is enough.  (although if doing "in rack stock" you do need to know more...)   But I digress...

Beyond just ensuring you have a common data element to use as a key between the two systems at the moment I cannot think of what you would want an actual "integration" for between the two for.  However without knowing anything about what you are trying to do there could certainlly be good reasons.  Feel free to send me an email if you want to chat about it more.

Cheers... Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.