Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
AchimD Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AM9.30 WebClient Filter REMOVE

Hi,

is there any posibility to remove filters in the web client?

As an example, if I open employess and departments I have a huge amount of predefined filters.

A lot of them are not relevant for the customer.

Regards,

Achim

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: AM9.30 WebClient Filter REMOVE

Sorry I do not know of a way.  Maybe someone else reading your thread does.

It is my understanding the filters drop-down displays all indexes, pre-configured query filters, and QBE fields.

0 Likes
AchimD Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mark,

I have the same understanding, but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards,

Achim

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Bob Negri Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You might have figured this out by now, but there is a new feature in HP Asset Manager 9.30 that can limit the number of filters on the web.

• Go into Application Designer.
  • Find the table of interest.
  • Switch to Screens view
  • Go to the List/Detail tab

There is a check box, "Disable extended web filters".  My understanding is that this will hide all of the index based filters on the web.  Unfortunately or fortunately, you then have to create all of the filters based on Queries.

I have not tried this yet myself.

Bob Negri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.