Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AmActionMail function throwing an error message

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are calling AmActionMail function in a script type action. This action is being reffered in Modify button of portfolio screen. When we execute the action mail is getting triggered but it is throwing the below error message and also it is not saving the changes we did for an asset.

'SSHABECC7BC43ECFF2CB02B30CEE590AADD8C327C1F128DFB65D3DBAC211FDCC2E461C07846E' is not a valid hexadecimal string ('Line 147 of script ''AMPortfolio' of table 'Portfolio items (amPortfolio)''')

Action 'AMPortfolio' failed to execute

Here in Line 147 we are calling AmActionMail() as per the below script.

RetVal = AmActionMail("SMTP:test2@development.com", "", "", "Desktop verification mail intimation", Msg, 1, 0)

Please help to resolve the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswari.K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: embedding Html code in HP AM

Jump to solution

That error usually occurs because the user that you're using for your messaging in AM has something in the Messaging/Password field.

For example, if Admin is the AM user you have set up for your messaging, go to the Admin record in the amEmplDept table, then go to the Messaging tab. For the Password field, set that to a blank value. Then try again.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: AmActionMail function throwing an error message

Jump to solution

HI Maheswari.K

I would use a Workflow to execute the email action, not by trying to call it in the modify button. 

Second, have you setup email for that user that is trying to execute the action?   Does the script run if you test it in the Actions screens? 

You will also probably have to setup the workflow to execute by the AM Automated Process Manager.  That way all the emails come from one user (Admin) and not the user that is logged in. Otherwise you would have to configure the messaging tab for every user and create a mail.ini file for every client machine.    See the Messaging section of the Administration guide starting on page 269. 

Usually it is not setup that every user can individually send emails, although it can be done, just the mail.ini file and messaging tab have to be setup for every user.  It is best to have all messaging sent via a workflow that is triggered by the Automated Process Manager.  

Brian Collins, CITAM, ITAM AIS
Micro Focus Professional Services
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Brian is correct; I would use a workflow rather than triggering it through the Modify button. However, you can fix this problem by using this knowledge article:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1408455

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

Have tried executing the action alone from action menu directly.  We are trying this in server itselt and it conatins the mail.ini file with SMTP configuration. Getting the below error after executing the action. But mail is going.

Action script:

Dim Msg as string
Dim ReVal
Msg = [AssetTag]
Print Msg

ReVal = AmActionMail("SMTP:test2@development.com", "", "", "Desktop verification mail intimation", Msg, 1, 0,"")

Dim AssetLocation as string
AssetLocation = [Location.Name]
Print AssetLocation

Error Message:

Executing action 'Email'
C100
'SSHA2E08F360AF90D54C2251A96E226784F1F3E97F1BF38CCED1DB2EC7386E448A6B6E5184C2' is not a valid hexadecimal string ('Line 5 of script ''Email' of table 'Portfolio items (amPortfolio)''')
Action 'Email' failed to execute 

Also can you help me on how to use this action in a workflow. Basically I need to send this mail notification to stake holders  when we modify some values pertaining to an asset. We are new to this Asset Manager tool.

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswari.K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

embedding Html code in HP AM

Jump to solution

I am trying to format the out of the query.

I want the output in a tabluar format with headings.

Kindly let me know how to embedding Html code in HP AM tool to format the output.

Regards,

Shylaja

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

See help for workflow.  The modified values will be the triggering condition, processed by the server, in the start event.  This will transition to an automatic action workflow activity which will call the action in question that sends the email.  The workflow will terminate after this activity.  Make your action context sensitive (same as workflow context) and you will be able to refer to context record that triggered workflow to process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

As for embedding HTML code, i would suggest reviewing the help for recognized and acceptable tags.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I wanted to know what are the recognized and acceptable tags for AM .

If I use <html>,<body>,<h> etc all these tags are giving compilation errors .

Regards,

Shylaja

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

That error usually occurs because the user that you're using for your messaging in AM has something in the Messaging/Password field.

For example, if Admin is the AM user you have set up for your messaging, go to the Admin record in the amEmplDept table, then go to the Messaging tab. For the Password field, set that to a blank value. Then try again.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

After removing the password the hexadecimal error is not coming. Thanks you.

Regards,

Maheswari.K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.