Mahendra Pratito S Contributor.
Contributor.

Asset Manager 9.60

Hi i'm new to asset manager,

I'am trying to Create a Database from Asset Manager Application Designer.

The error always occur when I tried to import sample data (see the screenshoot below), but the import success if sample data are not included.

is there any configuration i have to do from the previous step?

Thankyou..

0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Asset Manager 9.60

There looks to be a discrepancy between sample data and database structure (ie. table validity script errors).  To use sample data you will have to adjust source files to account for validity constraints.  This could be as simple as removing invalid data records.  Or you could leave alone as this is just sample data and the errors just mean certain table records were not created (this does not mean database creation failed).

0 Likes
Mahendra Pratito S Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply

where can i find the sample data?

could you please assist me for the sample data path?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please review the picture you attached to this thread as the path, and actual rows where errored, are there.  You could always create the database first (without sample data), disable the table validity script in question, import the sample data, then enable the table validity script.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Few tips of how I create my DEMO Asset Manager systems:

- Open SQL Server Management Studio and login (use the default Windows authentication option)

- Right-click on the server and open Properties

- Memory -> Maximum server memory -> Reduce the memory in respect of your hardware details. If you leave it by default, it will consume all the memory and cause huge performance issues on the machine in general.

- Security -> Server authentication -> change to "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode"

- The pop-up message will instruct you to restart -> Right-click on the server -> Restart

1. Databases -> right-click -> New 

- General tab -> populate DB name, e.g. TEST960

- Options tab ->

a. populate collation (for English - SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI)

b. Recovery - Simple

2. Security -> Logins -> right-click -> New

- General tab ->

a. populate Login name, e.g. TEST960 (for demo test DB better use same DB name and login name for easiness) 

b. choose SQL server authentication

c. put a password

d. Default database -> pickup TEST960

e. Default language -> English

- Server roles tab -> check public & sysadmin

3. Go back to Databases -> right click on TEST960 -> Properties -> Files tab -> Owner: pickup TEST960

4. Create your 32-bit ODBC connection.

5. Make sure license is added in AM.

6. Open App designer -> File -> Open -> Open database description file -> Open the gbbase (should automatically point you to its folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\Asset Manager 9.60 en\config )

7. Action -> Create database ->

a. first screen - open the connection options and create your AM connection:

Datasource: your TEST960 odbc

Database: TEST960

Authentication type: Database

User: TEST960

Password

b. once created, pickup from the drop-down menu.

c. Click next -> the license details should be displayed. (do not populate anything here)

d. Click next until you go to the Data to Import page -> if you want a full demo data for testing purposes -> check all.

Finish the creation of a test DB.

Once successful, default User login: Admin with no password.

Hope thats helpful.

-------------------
Boryana Kotseva
Micro Focus Senior Technical Support Engineer / NSE
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.