Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Trusted Contributor.. Hope Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Asset Manager Citrix License

Hi there,

I have:

1) Citrix License Administation Console.
2) Asset Manager 9.70

My customer whant count this in Asset Manager, but we don`t have systems that could give information about the use of licenses of citrix in real time.
Who can tell me  how to solve this problem?

As far as i know license of citrix count:     

one connection = one license.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
5 Replies
Boryana K Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager Citrix License

Hi,

SLO package -> User Guide:

<<<<<<<<<<<

Creating licenses with the "Create software license" wizard
Caution: The Create software license wizard can be only used to create software licenses
whose license models are contained in the SLO Best Practice package. If you are not using those
license models, you can create licenses using the functionality provided with the SAM module.
For further details, see the Asset Manager Software Assets guide, chapter Software license
management, Section Create a software license.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Hope Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Boryana,

Thanks for your response.

I know this information.  but i whant to know how i can calculate Citrix app license in Asset Manager 9.70.  if i need to calculate in real time ..  one connect = one licnese.  I want to update my information about license in asset manager every monday ..

On today, we  don`t have a monitoring system that could record connections in Citrix app.(

But we have Management Console Citrix and there we can see all connection, but this system have not integration pont with Asset manager.

How we can get out of this situation?

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
Boryana K Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I am not sure if Asset Manager can achieve something like that.

Regards,
Boryana Kotseva
0 Likes
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Asset Manager is not a Discovery Tool.  You have to be able to collect your data in order to feed into into ITAM Repository and then Analyse it.  

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

as Russ already mentioned AM does not discover such information.

You would nee to collect this information with a discovery tool, for example uCMDB.

Then you can integrate uCMDB with AM for doing the license clculation based on this data.

Thanks

Volker

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.