Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Asset Manager Database Change

Hi,

Can anyone help where to configure database details for Asset Manager, as our AM Database has been moved to other Server. So no longer able to login untill DB changes are configured. Where to do these changes ? Please help

Thanks

0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager Database Change

You need to reconfigure the current ODBC or create a new System DSN for the new database. Remember to create 32-bit DSN, if you are using 64-bit Windows; execute, Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe .

Ranjan Bhattacharya

HP Software Support

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

To add to what Ranjan suggested. If after configuring the ODBC connection and it still doesn't work try activating the database again via the Application Designer.

Regards,
Deon

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also, that only applies to an MS SQL Server database. If you're using Oracle, you'll have to adjust your client tnsnames.ora to point to the new DB server. In either case, your DBA should be able to help you set up the necessary connection.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

OK.

Actually we are trying to create a new AM database now, since the existing DB was not updated and maintained from past 4 years and our customer wants the updated database. But filtering and cleaning existing data is difficult , so we are thinking t o create new AM database , though dump of existing DB is taken.

Can you please help if there is any impact by doing this. Post creating new DB , we will integrate with DDMI so that we have all fresh data in AM.

Can this be done .

Thanks,

Nisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

For such an old database, it is not an easy task to validate the data. On the other hand, creating and importing data to a new database may take lot of efforts. Hardware and Software inventory records can be imported from DDMi database/scanfile. If you have LDAP to manage user information, employees and departments can be imported to Asset Manager. Out-of-box scenarios exist for both. However, data like contracts, history, comments etc. will not be available.

Ranjan Bhattacharya

HP Software Support

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Not clear ...can you please explain abit more.

My requirement is :

1. I am going to create a new database from Asset Manager Application Designer with option 'Open database description file-Create new database'

2. This will create a new AM Database If I am not wrong.

3. This will upload all demo data and is the AM database wilth initial installation.

4. Then I can do the integration between DDMI to AM to import the inventory data into AM.

Can I do this. Not sure if separate license required. If that is the case then not possible.

Thanks,

Nisha

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If you use default gbbase.xml as database description file, it creates the database with out-of-box structure. If you choose importing the line of business data, it imports the demo data (however, you do not do that if this is going to be your production database).

You can proceed importing data from DDMi next. Automated Process Manager should run on the designated host the license is bind to; else you need to migrate the license.

Autopass License Management tool was introduced in Asset Manager 5.20; the legacy license does not work. Further, version 9.3x license file format is different than 5.2x. I assume that you have obtained a new (autopass) license file.

Ranjan Bhattacharya

HP Software Support

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes Its PRODUCTION.

SO you mean it is not a good idea to create a new database, rather I can import data from DDMI to existing Asset manager and proceed with Integration ?

Thanks,

Nisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Can I create a new Database in AssetManager and use the license file. I do not want to use the existing AM database currently in use  because it was not maintained for a long time and updated.

Please let me know if this can be done ?

Thanks,

Nisha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Can I do this ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

If you have an agreement with HP and you want to use a more current version of Asset Manager then you will need to download the latest version and obtain a license.  The license can be obtained through your HP contact and will be based on the agreement between your company and HP.

Have your DBA create an "empty shell" database on the DBMS (oracle, sql, etc).  Use the Designer application to "Create new database" using the out of box gbbase.xml under the config folder of application directory.

DO NOT load demo data (line of business) if this will be your dev, test, and/or production database.

If you want to use DDMi to load customer data then that means you need to have Connect.It application as there are out of box scenario's to perform the data load.  Yes, you will need a license file for this application as well.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.