Highlighted
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Asset Manager Export Tool: Software Entitlement Migration

All:

I have a broken 9.5x installation I am working with that I absolutely do not want to upgrade to 9.62.

However, I do not want to manually enter all of my software entitlements in the 9.5x system into the 9.62 system.

What exact tables do I need to export using the AM Export Tool to accomplish this?

Any ideas?

I am specifically interested in Oracle contracts, entitlements, etc. ONLY, if that makes it any easier.

~ OVM

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager Export Tool: Software Entitlement Migration

Hi Mike,

The actual entitlements are rather easy -- all entitlements are stored in the amEntitlement (Named entitlements) table. However, because there are relationships, you may need to involve other tables as well.

amRelEntitlContract maintains the relationships between an entitlement and a contract.

amRelEntitlLoc maintains the relationships between an entitlement and a location.

amRelEntitlPortf maintains the relationships between an entitlement and a portfolio item.

amRelEntitlReq maintains the relationships between an entitlement and a request.

amRelGroupEntitl maintains the relationships between an entitlement and an employee group.

amRelModelEntitl maintains the relationships between an entitlement and a model.

amRelEmplEntitl maintains the relationships between an entitlement and an employee.

So if you have any of those defined, you will need to pull the data from those tables as well, which gets a little bit trickier because they are N-N links, meaning any number of entitlements can be associated with any number of records in the related table. In those cases probably the best solution is to export those relationships as a seperate text file.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
OpenView_Mike Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

As soon as I attempt to import any one of these tables, Asset Manager crashes. 😉

Best Regards,

~ Michael Stollaire
0 Likes
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Importing to relational tables is tricky because there is no unique identifier. Can you attach an example import script that you are using?

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.