Highlighted
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Asset Manager System Users

Just a piece of information about AM licensing which is not new, but is frequentlly lost or forgotten.

Named Licenses are consumed just by having a User who is set to "Named" and has a valid "User Login".

Floating Licenses are only consumed by a Client (Web or Windows) Connection.  Not for things like CIT, the APM, the App Designer, the Export Tool, etc...

So make sure the Users you are using in your CIT scenarios, etc... are Floating not Named.  They will work just fine as Named, but you are burning a License you do not need to.  If you have them as Floating all is well and they do not count against your Concurrent Usage limit.

Cheers,

Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
andresvm Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager System Users

Hi Russ

If my understand in correct, when you say that when you use CIT with an AM user Floating this user is taked in consideration in Connection slots of Asset Manager? if my undestood is not correct please give an example. 

BR

Andres

0 Likes
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Asset Manager System Users

Exactlly the opposite.  Using a Floating User with CIT does not count against your connection limit.

As I recall only Client connections even show up on the amLoginSlot table.  So no CIT, APM, Export Tool, etc...

Using a Named Iser for these type of System Connections work, it just costs unneccessary licensing $$$.

Cheers... Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.