Highlighted
Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Asset Manager Web Service 9.3

I'm trying to setup Asset Manager Web 9.3 in the following environment:

Windows 2003 Server

MSSQL backend for the Asset Manager database

Java SDK 1.5.0.22

Apache Tomcat 5.5.34

I updated the package.properties files for both the web service and the webtier, ran the delploy.bat to create the new .war packages, stopped the Apache service, put both .war files in the webapps directory for Apache, and restarted Apache.  When I try to access the AssetManagerWebService I get "The requested resource() is not available."  I go into the application list in Tomcat and try to start the service I get "FAIL - Application at context path /AssetManagerWebService could not be started."  I've double checked all of my environment variables and they look correct as far as I can tell. I've check the Tomcat logs, but I'm not finding any additional information there.  So I'm kind of at a dead end here.

Any ideas?  Anyone else run into this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Established Member.. RTi
Established Member..

Re: Asset Manager Web Service 9.3

Hi, Matt.

Check in Tomcat Java Option if there is string^

-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 5.22 eng\bin 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. sandeepkamkar Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

Am finding the same kind of issue.

I have added the string "-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 5.22 eng\bin " in tomcat

Please help me in resolving these. Attached is the screen shots.

Thank,

Sandeep

0 Likes
Deon Ferreira Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello sandeepkamkar,

Can you please uncheck the Use default option on the Java tab in the Tomcat configuration window and add the following line to the Java Options section.

-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true

Kind Regards,

Deon

Trusted Contributor..

Hi Deon,

Thanks a lot. It started working.

Can you please brief me, what is this parameter all about?

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Likes
Deon Ferreira Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

It is a pleasure, very happy to hear that it is working.

If you are running Asset Manager with Tomcat on Java 6 this needs to be added, sorry but this is the best explanation I can give.

Regards,

Deon

Trusted Contributor..

Thanks a lot Deon.
0 Likes
tejaskrishna Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Deon,

The solution provided  is not working for me.I am still getting the same error after updating the command you had given.Also double checked the files,environment variables.Help is needed very much.

Thanks & Regards

Tejas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.