pishtoyigor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Best method to add Non-Assets to Asset Manager

Hi all,

I am trying to configure Asset Manager 9.50 correctly. I am able to add Assets, which appear in the Asset table, with an Asset tag. Now when I try to add Non-Asset equipment, I do not want an Asset tag, so I add them to the Portfolio Items table, which is possible using a different Nature type. This creates a bit of redundancy with the Serial #'s, because now I have two Serial # fields in two different tables (which I would not want). I can create one Serial # field in the Portfolio table and link the Asset table to that field, but what I am wondering is this: Is there any better method of adding Non-Assets (without an Asset tag) into Asset Manger?

Also, I have trouble linking Projects to Non-Assets because the Assets there is no link for the Projects table to the Portfolio table. I was able to create a link, but now I cannot make the Page (tab) appear with the proper functions, such as adding multiple projects to one Non-Asset. I am only able to see one project link to one Non-Asset, even though I altered the script to show multiple. Any suggestions here?

Thanks!

- Igor

0 Likes
2 Replies
psoum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Best method to add Non-Assets to Asset Manager

If you need to store the serial number you must use the Assettag field, the simple reason is that the serail number is not unique across the manufacturer and arround the world. Asset Manager is generating an unique Assettag in order to create YOUR unique identifier for your goods. Since Asset Center 4.0 the amAsset table is an overflow table of amPortfolio.

0 Likes
Highlighted
IGOR_HPE Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Best method to add Non-Assets to Asset Manager

Hey psoum,

First of all, I appreciate your reply and I agree with your answer. But... Asset Manager also gives you an option to create Assets without an Asset Tag because the Unique Identifer is the "code" field of ANY Asset, generated by Asset Manager itself. I have been able to implement a work-around, but I wanted to see if there are any other ways people are implementing their Non-Assets (Assets without an Asset Tag).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.