Trusted Contributor.. sandeepkamkar Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Bulk import of Asset Data

Hi All,

We are required to import around 1000 Asset data from spread sheet to Portfolio Items table.

I understand that PO Number in Acquis Tab will be populated automatically from Request Lines. But in the current scenario the customer is tracking the PO's manually.

I should also import PO number to "amPOrdLine" field. But the PO is not present in the system which throws error during importing.

Please suggest any solution, so i can import the PO no's along with Asset data

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Bulk import of Asset Data

So are these PO's eventually going to be entered into the system or will they continue to track them outside of the system.

Also are you doing the import via an import script or through a Connect-It scenario?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Akash_Mehta Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If this is a PO that will not be entered into the system; then re-purpose a field (Field1, 2 or 3) on the amAsset table and import the PO number into that field (call it "External PO")...otherwise you will have to create a "dummy" PO with a "dummy" POrdLine with a "Dummy" Request and "Dummy" Request Line...all seems pretty "dummy" to me...:)

-Akash

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Matt,

Yes, we are going to enter this PO's (PO no. and PO date) in the system.

We are Importing it via Import script.

Please let me know how to import this PO no's and PO date along with Asset data.

Regards,

Sandeep 

0 Likes
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,
Akash is correct -- the best way to handle this situation is to either repurpose the Field1/Field2 fields, or to create your own custom fields on the amAsset table to hold the PO# and PO Date. That will give you the data you need without having to do all of the work of creating POs and PO Lines. Since Assets do not link directly to a PO, you'd have to create a poline for each asset and then link that to the PO. It's a headache and not worth the trouble if you are not actually tracking POs in Asset Manager.

Jason
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

Thanks for the valued suggestions.

But they have more than two fields which needs to be loaded to system.

Example: PO#, PO Date, PO Entity, Delivery date, PO Financial Year etc.

Please let me know, whether i should create separate fields for all these, which i think is a tedious process and not the best way to do it.

Is there any option/method to generate bulk Request lines and tagging it to respective Portfolio items

OR

Please provide any other solution to acheive this.

Regards,

sandeep

0 Likes
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,

Unfortunately setting up all of the Procurement data if you're not doing your procurement through AM is also very tedious.

I guess you could create a new link on the amPOrder table that linked to amAsset. That way you could go straight from Asset to PO without having to go through PO lines. That could also be done.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.