Absent Member.. br459jt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CIT 4.00 Grab the latest file

Hey Everyone:

We are currently running HP CIT 4.00. I would like for CIT to grab latest file in a folder or grab a file with the latest date in its name. I was wondering if this is even possible?

Example:

Have CIT grab the file name <file name>.20120918 but have it automated where when it runs it will grab the file with the latest date in the name.

or

have CIT grab the file name <file name> but grad the file with the latest time stamp on it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: CIT 4.00 Grab the latest file

The text file connetor gives you the ability to move a file after it has been processed; this way you may not have to worry about the latest file.  Just a thought.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. br459jt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for that. The issue is that our DDE team drops a file(hpsm_lr) on our system at midnight, but we have a scenario running then as well. They are unable to drop the new file (hpsm_lr) if a scenario is using the day old other file.

My solution was what if our DDE team could drop a the file with a date extension at the end (hpsm_lr20120920). But i was wondering if a connector could recognize that that file is the latest file because of the extension date and pick that up. So essentially have a connector pick up a dynamically named file(hpsm_lrYYYYMMDD) instead of a static file (hpsm_lr).

Hopefully that was clear.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I had not dealt with this however some options you can try...

1 - Change either CIT process time

2 - Change DDE drop time

3 - Use "On Open Function" section (under additional scripts sub-tab of mapping) to change file name

4 - Have DDE drop file with date stamp on front of name (ie. 20120920hpsm_lr) and have CIT process read all files

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.