Highlighted
Super Contributor.. d_shavrin Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Clone scenario automatically

Jump to solution

Hello Forum,

I'm interested if the following thing can be done, please take a look....

1. I have a scenario, for example we query some DB and put the results into some rest call.

2. the scenario is sheeduled

3. I need to clone that scenario with some changes - change the DB login and password for example. I need to schedule it separately.  And i need to do it without using the UI.

Questions:

- maybe there's some API for CIT itself to query the scenario info and to put a new one into CIT?

- maybe it can be done by creating a new scenario xml file based on existing one, with the required changes, adding an ini file with the scheduler information, and then some action to get it pulled by CIT?

- if point 2 is right, is there a known way to encode the password in order to put it into the xml properly? I see it encoded in the existing scenarios.

Thank you!

Dima.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. egregoire Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Clone scenario automatically

Jump to solution
" if point 2 is right, is there a known way to encode the password in order to put it into the xml properly? I see it encoded in the existing scenarios."

This not possible, you have to manage this point by copy/paste the new encrypted pwd from your scenario into your .prop file.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi,
Using at the same time a CIT scenario with a different couple of login/password and database source definition is possible.
You have to use CIT connector properties definitions in your service command line (for each scenario).
All propertises are described in CIT documentation (see cit960_usersguide_en.pdf and look for connector.Server ).

BR
Eric
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
" if point 2 is right, is there a known way to encode the password in order to put it into the xml properly? I see it encoded in the existing scenarios."

This not possible, you have to manage this point by copy/paste the new encrypted pwd from your scenario into your .prop file.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you, i'll take a look!

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thank you! i finally cehcked what you said - it is not what i was looking for, i.e. i can not 'clone' the scnerio with some new attributes witout using any UI, but by some shell command or some web url query. That's bad. But thanks anyway for your help!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.