Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Configuring mail notification in Asset Manager 5.10

Dear All,

I am using AM 5.10 on SQL 2005.

I followed direction (Set up win.ini as per documentation). Edited my user account in Asset Manger, then created a new 'Action' called email. Everything seems to be configured correctly - the Asset Manager AUtomated Process Manager even says that it connected to messaging services successfully. When I try to send a test email, I get an error saying "Messaging not available".

Request you to suggest something.

Regards

Rahul Jain
0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Configuring mail notification in Asset Manager 5.10

Rahul, assuming you have not seen this tech guide. Let me know if this does not help your situation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear John

Thanks very much for the document provided. I have already done these steps and also I have check the telnet of port 25 from my server to SMTP server.

Request you to guide me further.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rahul Jain
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FYI - when you upgrade to 5.1, be aware that there is an error in the documentation, per HP Support ticket:

The Asset Management documentation makes an incorrect reference to the use of the win.ini file. This file is no longer used to configure message in AM5.1x and higher. Verify the path in the Asset Management client by selecting Help->About->More. The path to the file mail.ini can be found in "INI (Mail)" section below Software.

The path to the file mail.ini can be found in "definition file for asset manager connections (SYSTEM)"

To address the issue perform the following:

1. Make a copy of the win.ini file and rename it to mail.ini
2. Place the file in the following path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\AssetManager\conf\

We made these changes on our server and messaging started working again for us.

Good luck and hope this helps!
Debbie Earley
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Do we need to install any third party software for mail configuration. For ex: in Service manager we use SCAuto for email notification.

Thanks Advance,
Tgr!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

No need to install any third party tool. Please follow the steps that was suggested in the attached document and make sure that SMTP server is running fine.

I hope this information will give some inputs to you.

Thanks,
VeerRaju.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I did all the suggestions you proposed guys but the problem still persists, Automated Process Manager says connected to messaging services successfully but when I try to send a test email, asset manager says Messaging not availabele!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A snapshot of the errors I get is attached...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The message suggests the prefix is not in place for messaging name, An actual email address is required.
See the attached example.

Check the SMTP account name has admin rights for the mailbox too, and the password is correct.

Also, the contract appears to be referencing a field rather than a key, hence the second error.

Regards
Daryl
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What do you mean by..
- SMTP account should have admin rights?
- contract referencing a field rather than a key?

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Actually I got the reference thing & solved it already, I just need a clarification for the first point now...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The account used when setting up the SMTP in the INI file must have administrative rights for the account in order for the SMTP server to be able to send emails.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.