Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Gustavo Laufer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connect-IT insert into ODBC connection to MS SQL Server 2005 Error

Jump to solution

I am getting the following error when using the owner "AV.Stage" or [AV.Stage] to connect to some tables using a SQL Server 2005 on a ODBC connection.

(see attachment)

If I execute the same query on the MS Query Analyzer (of course, replacing ? by the proper value) I get the same error.

In Query Analyzer, if I add the owner with quotes ("AV.Stage" instead of AV.Stage) then I am able to insert. However, if I add the quotes in Connector Configurator, it cannot even find the Consumed table - it does not find any table - so I cannot simply use the Quote on the configuration of the connection.

How can I "add" quotes to the insert/update query INSERT INTO [AV.Stage].\"PersonalComputerLoad\" (\"UserFullName\", \"ServiceTagCode\", \"RoomNumber\", \"ModelNature\", \"ModelBrand\", \"Model\", \"LocationId\", \"HBOUser\", \"EdGuid\", \"Assignment\", \"AssetFunction\") VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, 53625, ?, ?, ?, ?)' ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Peeyush_Tyagi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Connect-IT insert into ODBC connection to MS SQL Server 2005 Error

Jump to solution

Hi

I think that slight modification in the ODBC connection may be helpful in this case. While configuring the ODBC connection to SQL DB, there is an option of swicthing the DB instance (give the owner name here).

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Peeyush

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Not 100% sure it will work, but what you may want to try is to add the owner in to your Asset Manager connection settings.  Right click on the AM connector and configure the connector.  Go to the page with the AM connection specified and modify the connection.  In the connection settings, you will see a field for the database owner.

0 Likes
Gustavo Laufer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your advise!

In fact, I had inserted the Owner in order to make the tables available. Otherwise, without owner, I couldn't even see the tables.

What I think that is the issue is that the owner "AV.Stage" has a dot in the middle of the name.

Now, I'm trying to: 1.insert quotes on the owners name , or; 2.edit the SQL that will run to update

1. If I insert Quotes around the owner's name. But it doesn't work because it tries to insert something like

INSERT INTO /"AV.Stage/" .....

2. I haven't found yet if I am able to edit the SQL command. In fact, I found how to modify the VALUES that I want to insert, but not the table name.

If you know any other option, or if you have any idea how to implement those options, please let me know.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Peeyush_Tyagi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

I think that slight modification in the ODBC connection may be helpful in this case. While configuring the ODBC connection to SQL DB, there is an option of swicthing the DB instance (give the owner name here).

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Peeyush

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.