Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Connect-It parsing crlf

Jump to solution

I'm trying to read the comments field from a SQL database into Asset Manager using Connect-It 9.30 and one of the comment fields I'm reading has crlf splitting the lines, but I'm getting the unknown character boxes on import.  Is there any way to parse that out easily so the crlf pulls in correctly?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Connect-It parsing crlf

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will work however Chr(13) - CR (carriage return) and Chr(10) - LF (line feed) are the DEC ascii codes so maybe something like the following...

vComment = Replace(SourceComment,"" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "","~~~",0)

The Replace function is defined in the programmer's reference guide under docs folder (if installed).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will work however Chr(13) - CR (carriage return) and Chr(10) - LF (line feed) are the DEC ascii codes so maybe something like the following...

vComment = Replace(SourceComment,"" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "","~~~",0)

The Replace function is defined in the programmer's reference guide under docs folder (if installed).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I actually got the dev on the other side to rewrite the comments using a character string that I could issue a replace similar to that against.

Thanks for the idea.  Seems to be working now.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.